1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
1 Tbsp sesame seed oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil (for drizzling)
2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 tsp peeled and minced fresh garlic (2 cloves)
2 tsp cornstarch
Sesame seeds and chopped green onions, for serving (optional)
- 1. Heat sesame seed oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add in chicken and let brown on bottom about 3 - 4 minutes then flip and continue to cook ,about 3 extra minutes.
- 3. While chicken is cooking, in a small mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, water, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cornstarch.
- Stir the sauce in with the cooked chicken and continue to cook and toss until sauce has thickened, about 30 - 60 seconds longer.
- 4. Serve warm garnished with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.