Beet Ravioli stuffed with minty goat cheese and lemon sauce
For the beet ravioli and filling
2large beets 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil 2eggs 3 1/4 cups flour (plus more for dusting) 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup ricotta cheese 3/4 cup goat cheese 1 tablespoon chopped parsley 1 tablespoon chopped mint 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
For the brown butter sauce 8 tablespoons butter 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice zest of one lemon 10 chopped mint leaves
Preheat oven to 400° F.
1. Wrap the beets in tinfoil and place on a baking sheet. Roast about 1 hour or until the beets are tender.
2. Remove beets from oven and allow them to cool a bit before handling. Remove the skins, place in a food processor and puree the beets until smooth.
3. Add eggs to the food processor and pulse until combined. Add flour and salt and process until dough comes together.
4. Transfer the dough to a well-floured surface an knead until smooth about 7 to 10 minutes (add in more flour if the dough is sticky)
5. Cover and let rest for 2 hours.
6. Before dough is done resting make the filling by combining chopped parsley, mint, ricotta, goat cheese, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
7. When dough is done resting, cut into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece to form a thin layer (about 1/8") of dough.
8. Place 1/2 Tablespoon of filling onto one sheet of the dough about 1/2" from the edge. Continue to place spoonfuls of filling along the dough about 1" from each other.
9. Place one of the other pieces of rolled out dough on top of the piece with the filling on it. Pinch the dough around the filling to form the ravioli.
10. Use a sharp knife to cut out the ravioli into individual squares.
11. Pinch the edges of each ravioli with the edge of a fork. Set aside each ravioli in a single layer on a baking sheet dusted with flour until ready to cook.
12. Add ravioli to a pot of boiling water. Stir until the water returns to a boil. When the ravioli float on their own, about 5-7 minutes, they are finished.
13. Serve on individual plates drizzled with brown butter sauce (below) and shaved Parmesan cheese.
For the brown butter sauce
1. Melt butter in a pan. Cook over medium heat until the butter is completely melted and brown bits start to form.
2. Add lemon juice, zest and mint, remove from heat.