A mixture of red and green peppers make a colorful dish.
- 6 large sweet peppers
- 1 lb ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves or mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups tomato juice mixed with 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Cut out stem ends of peppers and reserve. Remove seeds and fibres from peppers, then set aside.
2. Combine remaining ingredients, except tomato juice, to make stuffing.
3. Stuff peppers, then close with stem ends. Arrange in a saucepan with opening to top, then add tomato juice and enough water to top of peppers. Bring to boil then cover and cook over medium heat for 50 minutes or until peppers are done. Serve hot with sauce.