- For the panna cotta
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 250ml/9fl oz milk
- 250ml/9fl oz double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out (or a table spoon of vanilla extract)
- 25g/1oz sugar
- For the sauce
- 175g/6oz sugar
- 175ml/6fl oz water
- splash cherry liqueur
- 350g/12oz raspberries
*(Or you can use my strawberry jam recipe and add 1/4 cup marsala wine)*If you are in Italy, or have an Italian shop at your city, you can buy the Amarena Sauce already done.
- To serve
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove the vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and take off the heat. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide the mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool. Place into the fridge for at least an hour, until set.
- For the sauce, place the sugar, water and cherry liqueur into a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Take the pan off the heat and add half the raspberries. Using a hand blender, blend the sauce until smooth.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve into a bowl and stir in the remaining fruit.
- To serve, turn each panna cotta out onto a serving plate. Spoon over the sauce and garnish with a sprig of mint.