For the Dough:
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Dill Weed
For the Filling:
- 4 Italian Sausages (Spicy or Sweet), no casings. Or, ground Italian Sausage.
Note: If you want to make it vegetarian, substitute 2 cups of cooked and squeezed
spinach and add an extra cup of provolone!
- 4 Cups Chopped Leeks
- 2 Cups Ricotta
- 1 Cup Smoked Provolone, Grated
- 1 Cup Parmigiano Cheese, Grated
- 1 Cup White Wine (either InVINtions Chardonnay or InVINtions Sauvignon Blanc)
- 5 Fresh Sage Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 6 Cups Milk
- 1⁄2 Cup Flour
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1⁄2 Cup Walnuts
- 1⁄2 Cup Parmigiano Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Making the pasta dough:
1. Pour the flour into a bowl, add the eggs, dill and salt to the middle and mix with a fork to blend
the ingredients together.
2. Knead the pasta dough with your hands until it is completely smooth and consistent. If the
dough is too dry, add some water. If it is too sticky, add some flour.
3. Lightly dust a table with flour. Remove the pasta dough from the bowl and place it on the table.
You will now be making pasta pieces (about 6 inches long with a thickness setting of no. 4.):
-Break pasta dough up into little pieces to feed through machine.
-Dough should never stick to your fingers.
-Set the adjustment knob to 1, and pass the pasta sheet through just once.
-Set the adjustment knob to 2, and pass the pasta sheet through once more, and so on until you
reach the desired thickness of no. 4.
-Cut the pasta sheet crosswise, into pieces about 6 inches long and dust them with flour. Let it
rest on the top of a clean table cloth.
Making the filling:
1. In a big frying pan, sauté the sage and sausages (without casing or comparable) until very well
2. Add wine and let it reduce until evaporated.
3. Add leeks.
4. Let this mixture cool down before adding other ingredients.
Making the Sauce:
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon
and stir until golden.
2. Gradually whisk in the milk and bring the mixture to just under a boil. Cook, whisking
constantly, until the mixture thickens for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and
3. Remove from the heat, and combine the cheese and walnuts. If not using it immediately, let it
cool. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
Putting it all together!
1. Place 3 Tbsp of the filling on the pasta sheet.
2. Roll it.
3. Place the rolled pasta in a baking dish with sauce.
4. Add extra sauce on the top.
5. Bake for about 1 hour at 380 degrees.