Cooking with Lucas
Basic white rice (Brazilian Style)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup white (long grain) rice (basmati or jasmine for example), washed
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 bay leafs
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
1. Put the water to boil in a tea kettle.
2. In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
3. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent. Then add the bayleaf.
4. Add the raw washed rice and cook, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn, until it starts forming clumps.
5. Add the boiling water and the salt, cover and lower the heat to the lowest setting.
6. Cook for 20 minutes or until there's no more water in the bottom. (You will see some holes forming in the surface and you won't hear any more water!)
7. Turn the heat off and lift the cover slightly.
Let the rice sit untouched for 5 more minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
January 19, 2022
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest