*1 clove of garlic
*1 big bunch of fresh basil
*1 hand full of pine nuts (You can also substitute
for 1 cup of walnuts)
*1 cup fresh grated Parmigiano cheese
*Extra virgin Olive oil
Making with the pesto mortar
1. Peel the garlic, then pound in a pestle mortar with a little bit of salt;
2. Add the basil leaves and pound;
3. Combine the pine nuts or walnuts and pound until it become all homogeneous;
4. Add the oil and the cheese until you are happy with the consistency.
Making using a blender
1. Peel the garlic, then add on the blender and pulse;
2. Add the basil and pulse for about a minute;
3. Combine the pine nuts or the walnuts and pulse, then add the oil;
4. Take mixture out of blender and transfer into a bowl, add more cheese and oil until you are happy with the consistency.