Tortilla paraguaya is a kind of cheese omelette originally from Paraguay. It can be prepared quickly and with very few ingredients, including queso paraguayo, also called kesú paraguai in Guarani.
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. Paraguayan cheese (queso paraguay), grated (It can be substituted by Monterrey jack)
- 2 scallions , chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- Sunflower oil
- Stand mixer
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs, then add the grated cheese and scallions.
- Add the flour and milk and beat until obtaining a semi-liquid preparation.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Pour small amounts of the mixture to form tortillas of about 4 inches (10cm) diameter.
- Cook on one side then turn over and cook on the other side.