With bright flavors from fresh herbs, lemon, ginger, and red pepper flakes, chermoula is the perfect sauce to add flavor to your meals. Use it over fish or meat, stir it in your soups, or spread it on your sandwiches. So many delicious ways to use this herby Moroccan sauce!
- 1 cup fresh parsley, ends trimmed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, ends trimmed
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander (ground)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, optional
- kosher salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 3/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
1. In the bowl of a large food processor, add the herbs, garlic, spices, saffron threads, and a big pinch of kosher salt. Add the lemon juice and zest.
2. Run the food processor to combine, and while it is running, drizzle the olive oil from the top opener. Don't over-process it, it should have a little texture to it at the end.
Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.