- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 100g/1 cup amaretti biscuits
- 10 tbsp crushed pistachio nuts (optional)
- 3 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200ml whipped cream
- 1 pinches cocoa powder, for dusting
Served in individual cups.
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until they are soft and light.
2. Stir in the crushed Amaretti biscuits, pistachio nuts and liqueur and the salt.
3. Gently stir in the whipped cream.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and then fold gently in to the semi-freddo mixture.
|Another way to serve.|
6. Serve in slices on dessert plates dusted with cocoa powder, alongside a cup of espresso coffee.