Mojo de ajo is a garlic and cilantro sauce with delicious citrus notes that is very popular in Cuba.
- 10 cloves garlic , chopped or crushed, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro , finely chopped
- 1 small white onion , finely grated
- ½ cup lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 2 oranges , freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper , freshly ground
- 2 glass jars of 10 oz / 300 ml , sterilized
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan, removing it from the heat just before reaching its smoke point.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and add the hot oil.
- Divide the resulting sauce into previously sterilized glass jars and wait for the mixture to cool before closing the jars tightly and storing in the refrigerator.
- Mojo de ajo is served, for example, with steamed or fried yuca. It is also used as a marinade or garnish for many dishes, especially for fish and seafood.