- 3 tablespoons (45g) plus 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups (320 grams) of Carnaroli risotto rice
- 3 cups Amarone wine
- 3/4 cup of freshly grated Monte Veronese
(Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese)
- Vegetable (or chicken) broth (as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
1. In a medium Dutch saucepan, toast the rice in over medium-low heat in 2 teaspoons of the butter
2. In a separate pan, gently heat the wine and, as soon as it reaches a bare simmer, add it to the rice.
3. Continue cooking the rice, stirring, until the wine is absorbed, about 16 to 18 minutes. Add a bit of
vegetable broth, as needed, towards the end of cooking.
4. When the rice is cooked and the liquid has reduced to a creamy sauce, remove the risotto from the heat and add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and the grated cheese. Stir until well combined, season to taste with salt, and serve immediately.