- 1 4 pound pork shoulder/pork butt trimmed of excess fat and cubed
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Add the pork and the sauce ingredients to the slow cooker and toss to coat the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once the pork is tender shred it with two forks. I just do this in the slow cooker.
- You can drain some of the liquid or serve the extra liquid over rice!
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds if desired.
- For crispy pork when the pork has finished cooking and is shredded preheat broiler and place the pork on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook until browned and crispy, 3-4 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on it and continue to toss it.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!