Guacamole is a delicious Mexican dip prepared with ripe avocado, onion, chili pepper, cilantro, tomato, and lime.
- 2 avocados , ripe
- 1 tomato (optionally blanched and peeled), seeded and diced
- 1 Mexican onion , mature scallion (or ½ red onion), finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper , finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of cilantro , very finely chopped
- The juice of 1 large lime
- Black pepper (optional)
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados.
- In a molcajete (Mexican mortar and pestle) or a classic mortar, mix while crushing the onion, cilantro and chili pepper.
- Add the avocado and lemon juice and crush while mixing it with the rest, making sure not to purée the mixture.
- Finally add the tomato, salt, pepper and mix gently with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately.