- 6 medium-sized gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp coriander seeds or a little more than 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, more for later
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, and let them cook in the boiling water for 10 minutes or so. The potatoes should be cooked through but still firm.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool briefly. Cut the potatoes in smaller bite-size cubes or pieces.
3. Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet on medium. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes and coriander seeds. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the turmeric and the lime juice.
4. Toss in the potatoes, and mix well to coat. Add 1/2 of the fresh cilantro, parsley and fresh dill. Cook for 4 more minutes. Add salt and black pepper to your taste.
5. Remove from heat and top with more red pepper flakes and the remaining fresh herbs. You can serve this potato salad warm or at room temperature.