- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 3 onions (sliced like rings)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the tenderloin in bite pieces.
2. Season with salt, and pepper.
3. Heat a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over high heat. Place the meat with 1 tbsp butter in the pan (single layer) and let cook undisturbed for about 2-4 minutes. Flip the meat using tongs or a spatula and cook for additional 2-4 minutes. Transfer the meat to a plate.
4. In the same pan where meat were just cooked, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat and combine the onion rings and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes (season with a pinch of salt after cooking for an initial 2-3 minutes), stirring constantly. Place meat on top of the onions and let cook undisturbed on medium heat for about 1 minute drizzleling the wine. This helps the onions to absorb the rich meat flavor. Mix all together and serve.