For the crust:
- 11 oz/ 300 g amaretti cookies
- 1/2 cup / 130 g butter, melted
For the pie:
- 18 oz/ 500 g cream cheese or ricotta or both mixed
- 7/8 cup/ 200 ml heavy whipping cream, cold*
- 11 oz/ 300 g white chocolate, melted
- 2 oz/ 60 g amaretti cookies, crushed
- 2 teaspoons almond extract or 2 tbsp Amaretto liquor
- Extra amaretti cookies for decoration
- White chocolate shaves for decoration
For the crust:
- Crush the cookies to fine crumbs using a food processor.
- Place the crumbs and the melted butter in a bowl. Stir very well until combined.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 7 inch/ 18 cm springform pan lined with a circle of parchment paper. Leave the pan in the fridge while preparing the filling.
For the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese or ricotta, whipping cream, amaretto or almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer first at a lower speed and then at high speed until the mixture becomes thick and fluffy.
- Start adding from the melted chocolate, 1-2 tbs at a time, while beating with the mixer at the lowest speed. When all the chocolate is absorbed, beat 15-20 seconds at high speed.
- Using a rubber spatula fold the cookie crumbs into the filling.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Smoothe the top with a spatula. Cover with cling film/ aluminium foil and let cool for until it gets firm. It will take minimum four hours if making a big pie. If using individual serving dishes the process will be quicker, about one hour.
- Decorate with amaretti cookies and white chocolate, thinly cut into shaves with a large knife.
- Use a wet knife to slice the cheesecake as it will be very creamy.