- 2 bone in, skin on chicken breasts, or other chicken parts
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 whole lemons, one juiced and one sliced
- 2 whole oranges, one juiced and one sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 teaspoon, chopped garlic
- red pepper flakes, a good pinch
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup of olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional ingredients (Black olives, Capers, Bacon, Parma ham)
1. Heat oven to 200C/400F.
2. Whisk together the olive oil, honey, lemon and orange juice, dried seasoning, paprika, red pepper flakes, onion or garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken into a baking dish and pour mixture on top turning to coat all sides, at this point you can let it marinate for a little while if you have the time for even more flavor infusion.
4. Arrange the sliced citrus and onion all around and underneath the chicken.
5. Place fresh thyme and rosemary throughout and a good drizzle of olive oil.
6. Roast uncovered for about an hour or until juices run clear and chicken is fully cooked.