hot boiled water (2 - 4 cups)
1 onion. chopped
1/4 cup bacon, chopped
2 sausage (spicy or mild)
½ - ⅔ cup diced roasted red bell pepper
¼ cup parsley or cilantro
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
A handfull of cashew seeds or peanuts depending on how poor this bitch is
Optional ingrediends: corn, peas, ham, cheese, vegetables or any leftover you have on your fridge
- Dice the yellow or white onions
- Dice leftover grilled steak into small cubes
- Dice ½ - ⅔ cup roasted red bell peppers
- Saute onions with bacon in 2 tablespoons of olive oil till translucent in color, about 5 minutes
- Add sausage to the pot
- Add the cubed beef and stir
- Add the rice. The amount of rice added depends on how much leftover meat you have, and how many people you want to feed. In this recipe, I used 1¾ cups of rice. Stir the rice well, making sure it's coated with the ingredients of the pot. Have some hot boiled water handy. Add the water to the pot. Add double the amount of water for every cup of rice.
- Add 2 cloves of pressed garlic and salt to taste.
- Now add the diced red bell peppers.
- Stir, cover and cook for 20 - 25 minutes. If you find that after 20 minutes, the rice is too dry, add a bit more water.
- Chop up a handful of parsley/cilantro and drop it in the pot right before taking it off the heat.
- Serve in a large platter with cashewls on top.
- Top each plate with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy