70ml warm milk 350g melted butter
13g fresh yeast or 1/2 tbsp dried yeast (works better with the fresh)
550g bread flour
1. Dissolve the yeast with the warm milk, in a big bowl start mixing the flour, sugar, salt and the milk with the yeast.
2. Add the eggs and mix for about 7 minutes using a big spoon or using a mixer. Add slowly the butter. Let this dough rest for about four hours inside the oven with the lights on.
3. After the four hour rest, mix again with a big spoon about 10 times. Put the dough on the refrigerator for about 12 hours, covered with a plastic wrap.
4. On a table, open the dough and make triangles. Roll the triangles to make the brioche. You can also just make balls.
5. Brush egg yolk with sugar if you want them to be brown.
Bake for 13-15 minutes in a 350F-180C.