Cooking with Lucas
Bread, Focaccia and Pizza
Simple Brazilian white rice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white (long grain) rice (I use jasmine or Basmati if not in Brazil), washed
2 cups water
1 bay leaf
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Pinch of salt
1. Put the water to boil in a tea kettle.
2. In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
3. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent. (Be careful not to burn it!)
Add the raw washed rice and cook, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn, until it starts forming clumps.
4. Add the boiling water, bay leaf and the salt, cover and lower the heat to the lowest setting.
5. Cook for 20 minutes or until there's no more water in the bottom. (You will see some holes forming in the surface and you won't hear any more water!)
6. Turn the heat off and lift the cover slightly.
Let the rice sit untouched for 5 more minutes.
7. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
December 31, 2021
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest