1 (1.4oz) packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups all purpose flour
10 slices of ham, cut lengthwise
10 slices Mozzarella cheese or 2 (8oz) chunks of Mozzarella, cut lengthwise or shredded
Dried oregano to taste
1 egg + 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In your stand mixer bowl, mix the yeast with the sugar and the warm water. Stir and cover the bowl with a kitchen towel, letting the yeast proof for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the oil and the salt and stir to combine.
- Bring the bowl to the stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook. With the mixer running on low, add the flour slowly, letting the mixer work until you have a cohesive dough.
- 3. Turn the speed up (medium high) and let the mixer knead the dough for 6 to 8 minutes, until the dough is elastic and smooth.
You can also do the process by hand, it will only take more time. Around 15 min of kneeding.
- 4. Brush the dough with oil, cover with the kitchen towel and bring to a warm place to rest. The dough should rest for at least one hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare two large baking sheets, spraying with cooking spray.
- 5. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each part into a rectangle (about 12 inches) and cut 10 equal triangles from each dough half, 20 total. You can use the scrapes and roll to cut more triangles if necessary!