- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups chopped and peeled carrots (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- dash nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, sautee onions and ginger in olive oil until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add carrots, turmeric and vegetable broth and reduce heat to medium. Allow to simmer for about 40 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
3. Add orange juice and stir well.
4. Working in small batches and using a food processor or blender/mixer, process soup until smooth.
5. Return to pot or serving bowl and add nutmeg, salt and pepper, stirring well. Serve with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream if desired and enjoy!