1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter softened (plus more for greasing a plate and your hands)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract optional
- Mix the condensed milk, coconut flakes, and butter together.
- Cook in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to show the bottom of the pan when you scrape it with your wood spoon (about 5-8 minutes).
- When coconut kisses 'dough' is ready, remove from the heat, mix in the vanilla extract, and spread the mixture onto a greased plate.
- Let cool to room temperature before starting to roll them into balls with greased hands. Use a 1/2 Tablespoon as measurement. Then, dredge gently in the coconut flakes until totally covered.
- Place into paper bonbon cups. Stick a clove atop (center) of each coconut kiss if desired. The clove is only for decoration and must be removed right before eating!!!
- Cloves for garnishing optional