Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
• 1 ¼ lb spaghetti
• 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 6 anchovies, pounded in a mortar with a pestle
• 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
• 7 oz black olives, pitted and sliced in half
• 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
• 1 ¼ lb tomatoes, cutted into thin slices
• 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Place a large sauce pan on the heat and add the olive oil. Then add the thinly sliced garlic and pounded anchovies.
When the garlic begins to turn golden and the anchovies have dissolved, add the olives, capers and tomatoes. Cook over high heat for a few seconds, stirring continuously.
In the meanwhile, cook the Spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Then drain and transfer the pasta to the sauce pan and sprinkle with parsley.