- 6-8 pieces of bone-in, skin on chicken (thighs, breasts, drumsticks)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons zaatar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme, optional
Three cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1. Position a rack near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 200C/400ºF.
- 2. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of zaatar, and garlic in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and chickpeas. Allow the chicken and chickpeas to marinate for 20 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- 3. Spread the chicken and potato pieces out onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of za'atar. You could even sprinkle some chopped fresh thyme on top of you'd like.
- 4. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon slices or wedges, serve with greek yogurt and your favorite spicy sauce.