Mediterranean Barley Salad
split in half
red coarsely chopped
finely chopped , or mint, optional
Kalamata , coarsely chopped, optional
, or sea salt, to taste
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add a half teaspoon of salt.
Add barley, cover, and allow to simmer over medium low heat for about 40 minutes, or until barley is cooked.
2. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and gently toss with the barley to coat well.
3. Allow the barley to cool, then add the red onion, tomato, pepper, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and fresh parsley or mint, and oregano.
4. Season well with oregano and sea salt or kosher salt, and adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Serve your barley salad either chilled or at room temperature.