Every country have it's own version of chicken soup. This is the Greek one.
3 garlic cloves
1 whole chicken, cut in pieces
1 cup rice
Pinch of zaffron or turmeric
10 whole black pepper corns
2,5 l of water
Fresh parsley or fresh dill
Salt to taste
1. In a big pot, boil the chicken with the leeks, carrots, garlic, black pepper and black pepper for about 1 hour;
2. Take all the ingredients out of the water;
3. Add the rice and zaffron and cook for 20 minutes;
4. While the rice is cooking, pull the chicken and combine with the soup;
5. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs with the lemon. Slowly add one cup at the time the stock and keep mixing it. This process will make your soup thicker. When you already combined three cups of the stock, mix the egg mixture with the soup;
6. Serve the soup with fresh parsley or fresh dill.