Semifreddo alla Nutella
2 eggs, separated
1/3 cup of sugar
8 chocolat cookies
3 tbsp of Nutella
2 tbsp of cocoa powder
1 pich of fine salt
4 tbsp of chocolat liquor or bayleys
200ml of wiping cream
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until they are soft and light.
2. Stir in the crushed chocolate biscuits, nutella, liqueur and the salt.
3. Gently stir in the whipped cream.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and then fold gently in to the semi-freddo mixture.
5. Cover the mould or loaf tin with cling-film (this will enable you to tip out the semi-freddo when ready and slice it easily). Pour the mixture into the mould and place in the freezer for at least six hours, or overnight.
6. Serve in slices on dessert plates dusted with cocoa powder, alongside a cup of espresso coffee.