Quinoa salad with zucchini and chickpeas
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 bunches fresh flat-leaf parsley, stemmed and minced (about 1 1/2 cups minced)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 bunches fresh mint, stemmed and minced (about 1 cup minced)
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 1 zucchine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions or onions
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
1- Rinse uncooked quinoa in cold water using a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear. Drain.
2- Pour quinoa into saucepan along with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover the pan.
3- Cook quinoa for 10-12 minutes until tender, but not mushy. Stir and let cool to room temperature.
4- Place minced fresh parsley and mint in a medium salad bowl.
5- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
6- Seed the tomatoes by quartering them, then use your fingers or a paring knife to remove the seeds.
7- Dice the tomatoes into small pieces.
8- Add the finely chopped tomatoes to the green herbs along with the chopped scallions, cooked quinoa, chickpeas, and olive oil lemon juice dressing. Stir gently to combine.
9- Cut the zucchini in small cubes and brown them with olive oil and combine.
10- Season with additional salt or lemon juice to taste, if desired. And served,
11- Some people like to add garlic to their tabbouleh. If you want a garlicky flavor, add a well-minced raw clove to the salad. Enjoy!