6 cups (vegetable or chicken) 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms 1 chopped onion 1 garlic clove, sliced 4 table spoons olive oil 2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice (risotto rice) 1 bunch rosemary, finely chopped 1 cup pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into small chunks 2 cups dry white wine 1 cup Parmigiano, plus extra, to serve Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Finely grate the Parmigiano and set to one side;
2. Put the dried mushrooms into a cup. Mix with the wine or the stock, let absorb for 30 minutes;
3. When ready to cook, heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan or large saucepan. Add the garlic, onions and cook for two minutes then combine the rice and sauté it gently over a medium heat for about another one minute, until it looks translucent, though not browned. Add the pumpkin or butternut squash and cook gently, stirring often, for another two or three minutes;
4. Pour in the wine and let it bubble up for a few moments, and then add the soaked mushrooms and about two ladles of stock. Cook gently for about 18 minutes, adding more stock as needed, until the rice is tender and creamy;
5. Stir in the Parmigiano Reggiano and season to taste. Add shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano, or freshly grate some more onto each portion, then serve.